Friday, November 20, 2009

Worker Registration Scheme In UK

The purpose of this guide is to explain how nationals of the new EU member states can live and work in the United Kingdom under the new Worker Registration Scheme.Please note that this guide only applies to you if you are a national of one of the following countries: Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia or Slovenia. You do not need to apply under the registration scheme if you are a Citizen of Cyprus or Malta.

Worker Registration Scheme In UK

Entering the UK

Upon arrival at a UK port-of-entry you will need to show your passport or identity card and go through the EU/EEA queue if arriving at a British port or airport. You may travel to the UK with your immediate family (spouse, children, dependent relatives if you are not on student status, and non-EU unmarried partners if they meet immigration regulations). If any of your family is not an EU/EEA national, then they must apply for an EEA family permit at the British Embassy in their home country before travelling to the UK.

Residence Permits
You are entitled to apply for a residence permit confirming that you have full rights of free movement within the EU if you meet the following requirements:
You are a citizen of Malta or Cyprus working in the UK; or

You are a citizen of another EU new member country (as above) and you have been working in the UK legally for at least 12 months without a break. This is possible as of 1 May 2005; or

You are working as a self-employed person in the UK (in which case you must register with Inland Revenue as soon as you arrive in the UK); or

You are living in the UK as a full-time student, or as a retired or self-sufficient person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Immigration Information