Some of the changes to visa fees for UK are as follows:
- Some of the same day applications PEO maintenance incurred by the United Kingdom will double in price or more than twice the price
- Tier 1 visa made from within the UK will rise from £ 850 to £ 1000
- In the short term student visas for periods of less than twelve months will double from £ 70 to £ 140
- Visas Agreement for dependent relatives will be more expensive it will be from £ 1680 to £ 1814
- Most other visa for UK fees will also increase. However, increases in general will be more than about five to twenty percent in most other cases. For example, if a Tier 2 postal application will increase the price of £ 500 to £ 550.
The fees allow us to generate revenues used to finance UK immigration and to set certain fees below cost recovery in support of common goals the government. Revenues will contribute to securing our borders and control migration for the benefit the United Kingdom.
Given the need to reduce public expenditure, we had to carefully consider our level of fees to ensure we can maintain good levels of service to our customers and provide the limit for the general public."
It seems that UK immigration is once again directing the maintenance when it comes to the UK visa fee increases. The UK has some of the highest fees for immigration visas in the world.
It remains to be seen whether these increases visa fee will help fund the United Kingdom immigration system and improved border security. The increase in visa fees may postpone some people to come to the UK. The problem is that it may postpone the people who are actually needed by the UK economy to cope with the shortage of skills.