Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Visa Interview Tips

GETTING YOUR VISA TO STUDY IN THE U.S.A. takes time but can be a surprisingly easy procedure and well worth the effort. The number of student visas issued by the United States has grown significantly in the last year in many countries.

Once you have been accepted in a U.S. program, you will complete the official paperwork that permits you to apply for a visa to enter and study in the U.S.A. While the application process for a student or exchange visitor visa can be confusing, hundreds of thousands of students are able to meet the requirements for a visa each year.

Visa Definitions 

The U.S.A. issues different types of visas to students.

A full-time student would receive an F-1 or M-1 visa.

Your spouse and children would receive F-2 or M-2 visas.

An Exchange Visitor would receive a J-1 visa.

Exchange Visitors come to the U.S.A. for consultation, training, research or teaching, or for an approved Au Pair or temporary work position.

After a college, university, or English language school has accepted you for admission to full-time study, the school will send you a document called an I-20 form, which is the application for an F-1 visa.

If you will be an Exchange Visitor, the organization or U.S. Government agency that is sponsoring you will send you a DS-2019 form, which is the application for a J-1 visa.

FIRST, your school or university will send you a form confirming that you have been accepted at an institution authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Service (USCIS) to enroll non-immigrant students (the I-20 for an F-1 visa or the DS-2019 for a J-1 visa. You will read and sign this form.)

Be careful to make sure that the name and spelling on your passport is exactly the same as the name and spelling on your application for acceptance to the school and that the school has entered your name as it appears on your passport on the I-20 or DS-2019 Form.

SECOND, you will need to make an appointment for a visa interview and to pay some required fees. Under a revision in the regulations, Student Visas can be issued up to 120 days before the date on your form I-20. Exchange Visitor Visas can be issued anytime before the date on the DS-2019. You should apply as early as possible for your visa.

Each U.S. Embassy has a Web site providing instructions on how to make an appointment for a visa interview and other information on the visa application process. The web site for the Embassy in your country can be located at: http://www.usembassy.gov/ The web site can also tell you the expected wait time for a visa in your country. Student visa applicants should receive priority by the Embassy or Consulate so if your program of study will begin soon be sure to explain this when applying for your visa.

There is a $200 fee which supports the cost of the computer system used to record your stay in the United States (SEVIS). You can pay this fee with a credit card that is valid internationally. Go to https://www.fmjfee.com/index.jhtml to pay the fee and make sure you print a copy of your receipt. You must pay the SEVIS fee at least three days before the date of your visa interview.

You will also need to pay an additional $131 for the visa application fee in your country at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate or at a bank that the Embassy designates. Specific information on where to pay the visa application fee can be found at the web site of the U.S. Embassy in your country.

THIRD, all applicants must then submit the form DS-156, Application for a Nonimmigrant Visa, and DS-158, Contact Information and Work History for Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant. These forms are available at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html .

Male students between the ages of 16 and 45 also complete the form DS-157, Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html .

Complete these forms neatly and completely. Again, remember to use the exact same order and spelling of your names as they are found in your passport. Then you will print them out and bring them to the Embassy. If you don't have access to the internet, you can get the forms at the Embassy.

FOURTH, prepare for your visa interview. It is more important than ever to apply for your visa well in advance of the date you will begin your studies. If possible, apply three months before you plan to travel to the U.S.A. This will give you extra time if there are delays at the Embassy, or if you wish to appeal a decision in the event of a denial All applicants' names have to be submitted for a security clearance. Citizens of some countries have to undergo additional screening that takes several additional weeks of processing.

You may wish to visit or contact the nearest U.S. Department of State-affiliated advising center office in your country, located throughout the world and listed at http://educationusa.state.gov/centers.htm. The staff at these centers will be able to explain where to pay the visa fees and how to schedule your interview.

Five Tips for Getting your Visa

Wear a business suit or dress
Be specific when you answer questions
Bring bank statements or proof of employment
Provide details of your study plans
Tell the truth

Stay calm and be professional

What you wear is important. Consider the interview a formal event. Business attire is appropriate. First impressions can be crucial, since there will be little time to speak with the officer, who will often have only a few minutes to conduct the interview and make a decision.

Be prepared to give your information quickly and completely. If you are unable to answer the questions in English, and the visa officer does not speak your language, you can ask for an interpreter. Speaking English is not a requirement for a student visa. In fact thousands of students come to the United States each year to learn how to speak English.

The visa officer needs to know your specific objective for studying in the United States. Be direct and state your education plans briefly and clearly. Visa officers like to hear honest, specific responses to questions. They generally react poorly to applicants who give vague answers, memorize a speech, or make overly solicitous comments about how great and wonderful the United States is.

You should have a specific academic or professional objective. Be prepared to explain why it is better to study your specific field in the United States than to study at home. Be ready to say exactly what you will study and for what career your U.S. studies will prepare you.

If you are going to the U.S.A. to study English and then earn a degree, be able to explain your complete program of study. Remember, it is not enough to just say, "It is better to study in the United States." Give valid reasons why it is better for you. You should be able to explain why you chose to study at a specific school and be able to give information about that school and where you will live (dormitory, host family or apartment.)

If you will return home to complete university studies after studying English in the United States, bring proof of your student status in your country. A letter from a university professor supporting your study plan can be helpful. Young people around the world are often unsure of their plans. However, in the visa interview it is best to give definite answers. If you seem to be unsure about what you will be doing, the visa officer may believe that you are really going to the United States for reasons other than education. In addition to a specific study plan, have some detailed information about the program you plan to attend and where you will live.

Grades do make a difference. If your marks are below average, be ready to explain how you are going to succeed in the United States. A letter from a school director or teacher or from your U.S. admitting school stating that the proposed program of study in the United States makes sense and explaining your good prospects for success can be helpful. If there were special circumstances (such as a death or illness in the immediate family) that contributed to the bad grades, have the school explain those special circumstances.


You must have adequate, demonstrable financial support to live and study in the United States. Visa applications are generally stronger if the financial support comes from family, employers, or other institutional sponsors located in the home country.

If your parents will pay for your education, be ready to document how your family gets its income. Bring a letter from your parents' employers stating what they do, how long they have worked at those organizations, and how much they earn.

When visa officers see information that is contradictory or does not make sense, they do not grant visas. If your family can only show enough income to support you in the United States, the officer will become suspicious.

Large sums of money in bank accounts may not be sufficient proof of financial support. When providing information about your bank accounts, ask someone at your bank for a letter that states how long the account has existed, and what the average balance in the account has been. That should convince the visa officer that you and your family have a long and stable history of business at the bank.

"Intent to Return"

Most student and exchange visitor visa applications are approved. The most common reason for a student or exchange visitor application to be denied is that the person applying for the visa has not proven to the Visa Officer that they will return to their country when they complete their studies in the U.S.A. This rule is called Section 214.b.

To determine your "intent to return" home, the visa officer will ask you a series of questions about your connections to your home country and about your study plans. You will have to demonstrate to the officer that your family has the ability to pay for the first year of your proposed stay in the United States and that you have realistic plans to finance the remainder of your education.

You must have all of the required forms with you including your I-20 or DS-2019 and the SEVIS payment receipt. You should bring any financial documents to demonstrate how you will pay for your education and any documents that might help demonstrate why you will return to your country. Some examples of such documents are previous passports demonstrating travel abroad, bank or salary statements, family documents or student records.

If all else fails...

If you are denied a visa, there may be something you can do to reverse the denial. You may appeal the decision. In most cases, you will need to provide additional documentation that was not presented with the initial application. A fax or e-mail from your U.S. school to the Embassy or Consulate in your city containing details about your qualifications, and requesting reconsideration, can be helpful in pursuing a successful appeal. Faxes should be addressed to the Chief of Nonimmigrant Visas at the Consular post in question. Fax and telephone numbers are available on the Department of State web site at http://usembassy.state.gov.

In some cases, a visa officer may request additional information such as proof of employment, or ownership of a home or business. You should respond with the information requested.

Once a visa is approved, you should receive your visa within a few days.

Sunday, March 28, 2010


Hundreds of thousands of people come to the United States from around the world to study and improve their skills. Numerous programs provide a wide variety of learning opportunities. Students interested in studying in the United States must be admitted to a U.S. school or university before starting the visa process. For additional information about higher education opportunities in the U.S., see the Department of State EducationUSA website.

How to apply for a Student Visa:
  • Select where in the Unites States of America you would like to live and study.
  • Choose the type of school you would like like to attend, such as: University, College, Graduate School, ESL (English as Second Language) or Vocational School.
  • Contact the school and start the admission process.
  • Upon acceptance by school, the school will issue you an I-20 form (the required document you need to apply for F-1 student visa).
  • With the I-20 form you can apply for a student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you are already in the Unites States you may be allowed change your immigration status to student.
  • You may be legally authorized to work in the United States while on a F-1 student visa.
How long may I stay on my F-1 student visa?

When you enter the United States on a student visa, you will usually be admitted for the duration of your student status. That means you may stay as long as you are a full time student, even if the F-1 visa in your passport expires while you are in America. For a student who has completed the course of studies shown on the I-20, and any authorized practical training, the student is allowed the following additional time in the U.S. before departure:
  • F-1 student - An additional 60 days, to prepare for departure from the U.S. or to transfer to another school.
  • M-1 student - An additional 30 days to depart the U.S. (Fixed time period, in total not to exceed one year). The 30 days to prepare for departure is permitted as long as the student maintained a full course of study and maintained status. An M student may receive extensions up to three years for the total program.
As an example regarding duration of status, if you have a visa that is valid for five years that will expire on January 1, 2001, and you are admitted into the U.S. for the duration of your studies (often abbreviated in your passport or on your I-94 card as "D/S"), you may stay in the U.S. as long as you are a full time student. Even if January 1, 2001 passes and your visa expires while in America, you will still be in legal student status. However, if you depart the U.S. with an expired visa, you will need to obtain a new one before being able to return to America and resume your studies. A student visa cannot be renewed or re-issued in the United States; it must be done at an Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sponsoring Family In Dubai

Husband has to sponsor himself and a company cannot sponsor dependent.

Requirement :
Marriage certificate/birth certificate for children
Education certificate
These documents are to be attested by the concerned Consulate
Thereafter obtain attestation from the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs Salary Certificate from the sponsor.
Purchase an immigration file and type all the necessary information in it.
Type all the necessary visa forms and attach
Passport copy of the person/s for whom the visa is being requested
2 Photographs each
All attested certificate copies
Salary certificate
Original and copy of the Passport of Husband
All necessary forms typed and signed by Husband
Visa should be ready within 10 days.
After entering the U.A.E. follow the steps of Visa Stamping
No medical test is required for children below 16 years of age.

VISA Stamping :
All should obtain medical card prior to stamping visa in the Passport.
Medical card can be obtained from the Ministry of Health office.
Passport copy, 3 photographs and Dhs. 300/- required.
Passport photocopy,
photocopy of the entry permit,
4 photographs are to be submitted to the Medical Authorities for the medical test.
For government department's medical tests will be normally done only in the afternoons from 4 to 6 hr.
The medical test is free for government employees.
The certificate will be ready after 3 days.
The following documents are to be submitted to the Immigration Authorities within 28 days after entering the UAE.
Original Passport
Original Entry Permit
Original medical certificate
7-Passport size photographs Dhs. 300/-(residence visa fee)
Duly filled in security form (only in Arabic)
Residence visa forms duly signed and sealed by the sponsor
Normally the Residence visa will be stamped in the Passport within 10 days valid for 3 years.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Norway Immigration, Norway Immigration Requirements

The general rule is that all foreign nationals require a visa to visit Norway. However, there are some exceptions to this requirement. Below is a list of those who do not require a visa.

SCHENGEN COUNTRIES as per the Schengen Agreement, there are no passport controls when traveling between countries which have signed up to the agreement. Citizens of these countries may therefore enter Norway freely, without having to apply for a visa. The same applies to foreign nationals who have a residence permit for one of the Schengen countries. The 15 member states are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.  

Note: European countries such as Ireland, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom are not parties to the agreement. 

Visa Waiver Agreement :

Nationals of countries with a visa waiver may stay in Norway for up to 90 days.Visa is not required for nationals of countries with which Norway has signed a visa waiver agreement. 

The countries with which Norway has a visa waiver agreement are:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria,Belgium, Bermuda (BDTC passport), Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria,Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic,Denmark,El Salvador, Estonia,Finland, France,
Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong (SAR passport), Honduras, Hungary , celand, Ireland, Israel, Italy,Japan ,
Korean Republic,Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,Macau (SAR passport), Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco,Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua,Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal,Romania ,San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
UK, Uruguay, USA ,Vatican State, Venezuela,


Certain requirements which apply to foreign nationals with a visa waiver.

Sufficient funds to cover your stay in Norway. As a rule, you have to have NOK 500 per day that you will be staying in Norway, but if you are staying with family or friends, the amount is somewhat lower
A passport that is valid for at least three months beyond the period of your stay in the Schengen area
A legal right to return to your country of origin or other country where you have a residence permit


If you are exempt from the requirement to obtain a visa for Norway, you may stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days. You may not stay in the Schengen area for more than 90 days in the course of the past 180 days. This means that, after a stay of 90 days, you cannot re-enter the Schengen area until another 90 days has elapsed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with this requirement.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

USA Sibling Visa

A lawful permanent resident is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of permanently living and working in the United States. If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or is a lawful permanent resident, your relative in the U.S. will need to sponsor you and prove he/she has enough income or assets to support you, the intending immigrant(s) when in the United States. For an overview of the types of immigrant visas available under immigration law, please see Immigrant Visa Classifications on the USCIS Website. Your relative sponsor and you, the intending immigrant, must successfully complete certain steps in the immigration process in order to come to the U.S. Here are the key steps:

First, the USCIS must approve an immigrant visa petition, I-130 Petition for Alien Relative filed by your sponsoring relative for you. Next, most sponsors will need to demonstrate adequate income or assets to support the intending immigrant, and accept legal responsibility for financially supporting their family member, by completing and signing a document called an Affidavit of Support. Once this is complete, then the intending immigrant will apply for the immigrant visa as explained below.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hire Immigrants, Immigration Lawyer Help

Immigration laws are constantly changing and can be confusing to negotiate all of the legal hurdles to accomplish your goals. Individuals, families and employers are constantly seeking solutions to the ever-changing and confusion immigration legal system. Hiring the right immigration attorney can help ease the pain of the process, simplify the system and achieve the best results for you, your company or family.

How Can an Immigration Lawyer Help You?

1. Analyze the facts of your case thoroughly
2. Explain all the options for which you may be eligible
3. Recommend the best ways for you to obtain legal status
4. Complete and submit your applications properly
5. Stay current on the new laws that affect you
6. Avoid delays and problems with your case whenever possible
7. Discuss the status of your case with you
8. Speak for you in discussions with the Department of Homeland Security or represent you in court
9. File necessary appeals and waivers
10. Utilize the system to your advantage because he or she has the experience to do so

Finding and retaining the right immigration attorney may be the right solution for you. If you do decide to hire an immigration attorney, and follow the checklist above, your dealings with the various government agencies and courts will go much more smoothly.
Are you looking for a Los Angeles immigration lawyer? Look no further. The Root Law Group (1-888-Root-Law) is a full service Spanish & Russian speaking immigration law firm in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, Ventura County, and the San Fernando Valley that offers free consultations.

• Root Law Group exclusively practices business and family immigration law.
• Root Law Group offers quick turnaround time (most petitions are prepared within 10 working days).
• Most of our business comes from referrals from former or existing clients.
• Root Law Group offers state-of-the-art case management software that enables you to access and check the status of your case online.
• Offices of Root Law Group are conveniently located in both the Los Angeles and Orange counties.
• Root Law Group offers you direct communication with an attorney or a senior paralegal and a four business hour response time to your inquiries.
• Root Law Group’s experienced staff is well versed in the preparation of all immigrant and Nonimmigrant Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) petitions, as well as PERM labor certifications.

Root Law Group (”RLG”) offices cater to corporate and individual clients living throughout the United States and abroad. RLG uses state-of-the-art case management software, which provides our clients with easy access to their personal case status information over the Internet. RLG’s average case preparation “turnaround” time is within 15 days. RLG’s experienced office staff answers all client inquiries within 4 business hours.

Root-Law for a free initial legal consultation. Root Law Group listens to your concerns, answer all your questions and expertly guide you through your immigration process

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

USA Citizenship

This section provides you with information and directions necessary to apply for lawful permanent residence (LPR), or "green cards". You will have the opportunity to access information regarding ways to get a "green card". A "green card" gives you official immigration status (Lawful Permanent Residency) in the United states. If you already are a permanent resident, you may want to read, "Now That You Are A Permanent Resident".

If you already know the specific path of immigration you wish to follow, visit one of the following:

  • Immigration through a Family Member
  • Immigration through Employment

Immigration through a Family Member:

A lawful permanent resident is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of permanently living and working in the United States. If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States, or a relative who is a lawful permanent resident, you must go through a multi-step process.

Immigration through Employment:

An immigrant is a foreign national who has been authorized to live and work permanently in the United States. If you want to become an immigrant based on the fact that you have a permanent employment opportunity in the United States, or if you are an employer that wants to sponsor someone for lawful permanent residency based on permanent employment in the United States, you must go through a multi-step process

Visa Fake Card Mumber

Don't believe that E-mail, because the American Government is still not using the E-Mails to inform winners. They got your E-mail address from a public place like forum, pen pal web sites or in some web site where you became as a member to use their facilities and the web site owner or administrators has sold your email address to these crook people. If you look good it will state you as "Dear winner" as they don't know your name. Also you will find the American Government departments and other offices in the E-mail. But the place they want you to send money is not the American Government addresses. It will be some crook persons address where they want to collect the money for their personal use. Don't answer to the E-mail or don't try to contact them at the given telephone number.

Then how will they notify me if i am a winner? If you are selected by the computer in the random draw, between May an July they will use regular mail to inform you with further instructions and the related non refundable visas fee and diversity visa processing fee.

The address you gave in the entry form will be used to send the mail. If happened to move from your original address then you must ask someone in the original address to collect any mails coming in your name in that period.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sweden Immigration, Sweden Visa Requirements, Sweden Visa Process

A person who wishes to reside in Sweden, to be reunited with relatives for example, must apply for and be granted a residence permit before entering the country.The visa should be complete and be entered in the passport before entry into the Schengen area.

The right to enter the Schengen area is examined every time you pass the outer border of the area. At the border control everyone who enters the area must be able to show that they have money for their keep during their visit and for their return journey home and that they have medical travel insurance and documents showing the purpose of their visit.

Swedish mission abroad (embassy or consulate) is an independent authority and together with the other Schengen states represented at the same place it can require additional documents and make other demands. The mission can for example require that the authenticity of the signature on certain documents is confirmed by at notary public.

These requirements may change depending on the existing circumstances. It is therefore important that you check which requirements you have to fulfill in order to be granted a visa.

Medical travel insurance which covers any costs that could arise in conjunction with:
Emergency medical assistance
Emergency hospital care
Transport to your home country for medical reasons
The insurance should cover costs of at least €30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen countrie
To enable the authorities to process your application you must state clearly:
Why you are visiting Sweden
How long you intend to stay in Sweden
How you will support yourself during your time in Sweden
The type of passport you hold and how long it is valid
Where you intend to travel following your visit to Sweden
If you have a permit to travel to the country you intend to travel to after your time in Sweden.

You should hand in your visa application to a Swedish mission abroad.In certain countries Sweden is represented by another Schengen country.

Authority that makes the decision (Swedish mission abroad) or (the Swedish Migration Board ) considers that you will leave the Schengen area after your visit and that the purpose of your visit is the one you have stated in your application. If it is considered that you have other intentions with your visit or that your true intention is to reside in the Schengen area your application will be rejected.

The same applies if you are registered in the computer system SIS (Schengen Information System), where the member countries register persons who are not permitted to enter the Schengen area. These rules apply in all countries that have ratified the Schengen Agreement. Documents should also be translated into the language of that country.

Friday, March 5, 2010

UK Student Visa, UK Student Visitor Visa

Student Visitor Visa :

Home Office has announced a new category of Student Visitor has been introduced for short-term students who wish to study in the UK. Temporary students are those who are studying on courses of 6 months duration or less.

Detail about this Category:

The category allows for short term students to take on a short period of study during their visit to the UK;

The Student Visitor is required to meet the requirements of the rules relating to visitors;

In addition he/she will also have to demonstrate that he/she has been accepted on a course of study provided by an organization which is included on the Register of Education and Training Providers;

The maximum period of leave allowed in this category is six months;

There are no provisions for Student Visitors to extend their leave in the UK or switch in-country to any other category. If they wish to follow a further course of study they must return to their home country and obtain a student visa.

Any leave granted in this new category will be counted as a period spent as a visitor for the purposes of considering an in-country application for visitor leave.

Only those over the age of 18 may apply in this category

Eligibility for UK Student Visitor

The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a student visitor are  that they:

Genuinely be seeking entry as a student visitor for the limited period you tell Home Office you require that does not exceed six months;

Have been accepted on a course of study that will be provided by an organization included on the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills' register of education and training providers;

Leave the United Kingdom at the end of the visit you told Home Officeabout;

Support and pay for accommodation for yourself and any dependants without help from public funds; or

Ensure that you and your dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends and not take employment; and

Be able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey.

You Must Not

Take employment in the United Kingdom;

Engage in business, produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including selling goods or services direct to members of the public;

Study at a government-funded school;

Be a child under the age of 18;

Undertake part-time (up to 20 hours), or full-time vacation employment;

Undertake a work placement or internship (paid or unpaid) as part of your course of study; or

Extend your stay in the United Kingdom.

Switching to other category

With effect from 1 September 2007, the only categories of passenger that are able to

switch into the student category are:
Existing students;

Prospective students;

Those here to do re-sits;

Sabbatical officers returning to their degree studies;

Those on the Science & Engineering Graduate Scheme (soon to be replaced

With the new International Graduates Scheme);

Those on the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland scheme;

Work permit holders

Apply for UK Student Visitor Visa

Since 1 September 2007 all nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area who wish to study in the United Kingdom need prior entry clearance (permission to come here) as a student.

This does not apply if you wish to come here as a student visitor for a course of less than six months. Student visitors must meet the same entry clearance requirements as visitors.

How Can I Extend My stay?

You will not be able to extend your stay in the United Kingdom as a student visitor. There are no provisions in the student visitor rules for extensions to be granted. You can only obtain leave (permission to enter the United Kingdom) as a student visitor by applying for a student visitor visa at a British diplomatic post abroad or by seeking leave from an immigration officer when you arrive in the United Kingdom.

About Appeal

If Home Office refuse your application, the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) will tell you and you will be given a detailed written refusal notice. This will tell you if and how you can appeal.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Entry Requirements to Malaysia

To enter Malaysia, a visitor should possess the following documents:

Passport or Travel Document

Every person entering Malaysia must possess a valid national Passport or internationally recognized Travel Document valid for travel to Malaysia. Any person not in possession of a Passport or Travel Document which is recognized by the Malaysian Government, must obtain a Document in lieu of Passport. Application for the Document in lieu of Passport can be made at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad. Holders of Travel Documents like a Certificate of Identity, Laisser Passer, Titre de Voyage or a Country's Certificate of Permanent Residence must ensure that their return to the country which issued the document or the country of residence is guaranteed. The documents shall be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry into Malaysia.

Fulfill visa requirement

Foreign nationals who require a Visa to enter Malaysia must apply and obtain a Visa in advance at Malaysian Representative Office before entering the country.

A visa is an endorsement in a passport or other recognized travel document of foreigner indicating that the holder has applied for permission to enter Malaysia and that permission has been granted. Foreign nationals who require a Visa to enter Malaysia must apply and obtain a Visa in advance at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad before entering the country. Visa which has been granted is not absolute guarantee that the holder will be allowed to enter Malaysia. The final decision lies with the Immigration Officer at the entry point.

Valid return travel ticket and sufficient funds
A visitor is also required to present proof of his financial ability to finance his/her stay in Malaysia together with a confirmed return ticket to another destination.

Not a prohibited person

Any person classified under Section 8 of Immigration Act 1959/63 will not be allowed to enter Malaysia even though he/she is in possession of a valid Passport or Travel Document, Visa, travel ticket and sufficient funds.

Complete in the arrival/departure card

A visitor is required to complete the Arrival/Departure Card (Imm.26) upon arrival at the gazette entry points. This card is obtainable at any entry point, Malaysian Representative office abroad or travel agencies.

A visitor must present his/her passport together with the duly completed arrival / departure card to the Immigration officer on duty and he/she must ensure that the passport or travel document is endorsed with the appropriate pass before leaving the immigration counter.


Other than application for entry for the purpose of tourist social or business visits, all applications for other types of passes mentioned must be made before arrival in the country. All applications must have sponsorship in Malaysia. The sponsors must agree to be responsible for the maintenance and repatriation of the visitors from Malaysia if it should become necessary.

Requirement of Passes

Foreign nationals who wish to visit Malaysia have to obtain a pass at the point of entry besides a visa (where required) which allows them to stay temporarily. A pass is an endorsement in the passport constituting permission to stay for the approved duration.


Immigration Information