Other countries of the 3-months. They include: Cambodia, Denmark, Fiji, Switzerland, South Africa, New Zealand, Croatia and Estonia
Many countries, however, it is a passport valid for the duration of your stay. Among them are: Kenya, Tanzania, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, UK and USA.
There are some exceptions: EU citizens only ever need a valid passport, regardless of the date to travel to other EU countries. U.S. citizens need only a license or a valid passport to enter Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas and all USA.
For all other nationalities: rather than risk traveling with a passport that expires in 6 months or less, you are advised to get your passport renewed or get urgently passport before traveling.
It is usually possible to get an emergency passport issued within two weeks or less, though it will cost you. In the U.S. this is called an expedited renewal and in some cases take at least an hour issue.
It is generally possible to get an emergency passport issued within two weeks or less, though it will cost you. In the U.S. this is called an expedited renewal. Brian Clucas headquarters of Visa says that "regular application can be processed within 4-6 days, while rapid passport applications as a whole can be obtained within 2-3 days."
- Yet when a country's published rules state otherwise, you may encounter problems of uninformed immigration officials or airline when the passport is less than six months left to run.
- Many tour operators will not even take a reservation unless you have 6 months validity remaining on your passport.
- Several accounts point out that many countries will not issue a visa before travel if there are less than six months to get the passport.
- Most Arab or Middle Eastern countries will decline entry to you if you have an Israeli stamp in their passport. Apply for a new, if so.
- The passport must have enough blank pages - if yours is full you can apply for new pages added.
- U.S. citizens must have a valid passport, regardless of age. Even newborn babies should have their own passport - children can not travel on their parent’s passport. Check with your consulate to see if similar rules apply to your nationality.