Monday, May 31, 2010



Don't know which UK visa you can apply for, here's the quick guide to help you decide. 

Tier 1
Pass mark of 75, you must have a Masters' degree, speak English and earn a minimum of £20k.

Post-Study Work :

For those studying in the UK and those on Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme (SEGS), International Graduates Scheme (IGS) or Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme (FT:WISS), who want to switch into the post-study work category.

Entrepreneur  :

Have £200k in a regulated bank account to be spent in the UK

Have a minimum of £1m and personal assets of £2m.

Tier 2
Work Permit    
Must have a job offer from a UK company and score a minimum of 50 points based on education and earnings.

Change of employment

Must have a job offer from a UK company and score a minimum of 50 points based on education and earnings.

Intra-company Transfer (ICT)  
For overseas employees of a multi-national company to transfer to a UK office.

Tier 4
UK Student visa 
Must have a visa letter from the UK education provider, must provide evidence of maintenance fees and living expenses.

Tier 5
Creative and Sport Workers

Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS)    
For adults aged 18-30 from Australia, Canada, Japan and New Zealand.

Family visas     
Marriage visa    
Have to be 21 and able to support yourselves.
Fiancé visa

Must be 21 and can prove you intend to marry within six months.

Dependency visa 
Must be a Mother, Grandmother, Father or Grandfather and meet certain criteria. In some cases parents or Grandparents under 65 qualify. Additionally, son, daughter, sister, brother, aunt or uncle under 18 sometimes qualify.

De facto visa  
For unmarried partners with settled status or ILR who want to bring their partner to join them in the UK.

Ancestry visa   

For Commonwealth citizens whose grandparent was born in the UK (or Republic of Ireland before March 1922).
Tourist visa   
Covers a visit to the UK for up to 6 months, also covers business trips and medical treatment.
Indefinite Leave to Remain 
Commonly known as UK residency, you normally need to have a minimum of 4 or 5 years continuous residence in the UK on the same visa (the amount of years depends on which visa you are on).

UK Citizenship   
Be 18 or over, have lived in the UK for at least five years, have not spent more than 450 days outside of the UK in the past five years, have not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months, have not broken any immigration rules in the last five years.

UK Visa Extension 

Depending on what type of visa you are on in the UK you may be able to extend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Immigration Information