The Scottish Executive and the Home Office both are working together to implement the Fresh Talent working in Scotland Scheme. This Scheme will enable non-EEA Nationals who have successfully completed an HND, degree course, Masters or PhD at a Scottish university and have lived in Scotland during their studies to apply to stay in Scotland for up to two years after completing their studies to seek and take work.
REQUIREMENT FOR FRESH TALENT WORKING IN A SCOTLAND SCHEME
To be granted leave under the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland scheme you must:
- You have been awarded an HND, or a UK recognized Undergraduate Degree, Master's Degree or PhD by a Scottish institution of Higher or Further Education.
- You have lived in Scotland for an appropriate period whilst studying for your HND, degree, Masters or PhD.
- You have Intend to work in Scotland during the period of leave granted under the scheme.
- You must able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any Dependants without recourse to public Funds.
- You must Intend to leave the UK at the end of your stay, unless granted leave as a work permit holder, highly skilled migrant, business person or innovator.
- Those who have completed a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma will also be Eligible for Fresh Talent Working in Scotland Scheme.