Monday, December 20, 2010

Extended UK student visitor visa for English language students

UK Border Agency has announced the extension of Student Visitor Visa for migrants studying English language courses.

According to this statement, from 10 January 2011 overseas English language students wishing to attend exclusively English language courses in UK will be able to apply for a Student Visitor Visa which allows them to stay for up to 11 months.

For students wishing to study other courses in the UK for longer than 6 months, they will still need to apply under Tier 4 Visa of the points-based system. If non visa-nationals, who would not usually need a visa to study for up to six months, want to study in UK longer, they also must apply for the extended visa.

Other requirements, entitlements, limits and fees of the Extended Student Visitor Visa are the same as the current Student Visitor route. It means that even with the extended visa, students must not work in the UK, undertake an internship, extend their stay, receive private medical treatment or switch into other courses in the UK at the end of their stay.

UK Border Agency also said that a review of the Extended Student Visitor Visa would be carried out within the next 12 months to make sure it is operating as intended.

If you are interested in UK Visas, contact Migration Consultant for information and advice on which visa is best suited to you.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Student Visa Application form format of UK

Resource for the newest information of UK student visa application form outside UK. It contains helpful information of UK student visa application form outside UK along with guide to Study Abroad, Universities, and Scholarships, Application Documentation, Student Visa process and Student Life. If you are outside the UK and want to apply for the UK student visa, please download the Student visa application from visa application form the following link.

Download UK Student Visa Application Form - for Outside

Note: Please use above Visa Application form only if you are applying for UK student
visa from outside the UK.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Frequent Questions Answers for Student Visa UK

How do I be eligible to travel to the UK as a student?
What is a visa?
Do I require a visa to study in the UK?
How do I apply for a visa?
What will I need to make my application?
What supporting documents should I include with my application?
What will happen when I make my application?
What are public funds?
Can I extend my stay as a student?
Can I work?
Can I switch to work permit employment whilst in the UK?
Can I bring my husband, wife or civil partner and children with me?
Will my husband, wife or civil partner be permissible to work?
Can I go to the UK to arrange my studies?
When should I apply?
Can I get medical treatment?
Do I have to register with the police?

How do I be eligible to travel to the UK as a student? 

You must be able to prove that you have been accepted on a course of study at an educational organization that is on the UK's Department for Education and Skills (DfES) Register of Education and Training Providers. Contact details are under 'More recommendation and information' at the end of this guidance, or you can search the register on the DfES website at:
You must be able to show that you are going to follow:

A recognized full-time degree course, or
A course runs during the week involving at least
15 hours of organized daytime study each week, or
A full-time course at an independent fee-paying school

You must also:

Be able to pay for your course and support yourself and any dependants, and live in the UK without working or needing any help from public funds, and
Intend to leave the UK when you complete your studies.

If you are a degree student and you successfully complete your studies, you may be able to take work permit employment if you meet the requirements.

If you graduate in an approved science or engineering subject you can apply to stay in the UK, to look for or to take work, for an extra year after your degree course finishes without getting a work permit.

Under the ‘Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland’ scheme, if you successfully complete a degree level course or above, and it was awarded by a Scottish institution, you may be able to apply to live and work in Scotland for up to two years after achieving your qualification.

What is a visa? 

A visa is a certificate that is put into your passport or travel document by an Entry Clearance Officer at a British mission overseas. The visa gives you permission to enter the UK.

If you have a valid UK visa, we will not usually reject you entry to the UK except your circumstances have changed or you gave false information or did not tell us important facts when you applied for your visa.

When you enter in the UK, an Immigration Officer may ask you questions, so take all relevant documents in your hand bags.

Do I require a visa to study in the UK? 

You will need a visa if you:

Are a national of one of the countries listed at the end of this guidance
Are stateless (you don't have a nationality)
Hold a non-national travel document, or
Hold a passport issued by an authority that is not recognized in the UK
If you are not an EEA national and you intend to stay in the UK for more than six months, you will need to get an entry clearance before you travel. More information will be available on this website or from your nearest British mission overseas where there is a visa section.

If you do not need an entry clearance, you will have to satisfy the Immigration Officer that you qualify for entry when you arrive in the UK. They will then give you authorization to stay in the UK for up to six months. You will not be allowed to extend your stay in the UK as a student unless you arrived with a student or prospective student visa, or you are studying on a course at degree level or higher.

To extend your stay you will need to apply for a residence permit at the Immigration and Nationality Directorate. (Contact details are under 'More advice and information' at the end of this guidance.) They will charge you a fee for this.

If you have any worries about whether you qualify for entry, you should apply for a visa before you travel to the UK.

How do I apply for a visa? 

You will need to fill in a visa application form (VAF 1 – Non-settlement). You can get one free of charge from your nearest British mission overseas where there is a visa section.

You must apply for your visa in the country of which you are a national or where you legally live.

You can apply in a number of ways, for example by post, by courier, in person and online. The visa section will tell you about the ways in which you can apply.

In some countries, if you are applying for a visa to stay in the UK for more than six months, you may need to be tested for active tuberculosis before we will accept your application. You can find out if you need to be tested by using the Do I need a UK visa? on this website, or by contacting your nearest British mission overseas where there is a visa section.

What will I need to make my application?

You will need the following.

Application form VAF1 - non-settlement (PDF, 175K) which you have filled in correctly
Your passport or travel document
A recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), color photograph of yourself

This should be:

Taken against a light colored background
Clear and of good quality, and not framed or backed
Printed on normal photographic paper, and
Full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for cultural or religious reasons
The visa fee. This cannot be refunded and you must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where you are applying
Supporting documents relevant to your application

What supporting documents should I include with my application?

You should include all the documents you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK as a student. If you do not, may refuse your application.

As a guide, you should include:

Any related diplomas or educational certificates that you have
A letter from the university, college or school confirming that you have been accepted on a course of study in the UK, and a statement of charges for the course
Evidence of government sponsorship (if appropriate)
Bank statements, pay slips or other evidence to show that you can pay for your stay and your course of studies in the UK
If you are being privately sponsored (for example, by a college in the UK) you should provide a letter from your sponsor giving details of how they will support you during your studies, and proof that they can do so
Application will be refuse if they find that any documents are forged

What will happen when I make my application?

The Entry Clearance Officer will try to make a decision using your application form and the supporting documents you have provided. If this is not possible, they will need to interview you.

Please check your visa when you get it. You should make sure that:

Your own details are correct it correctly states the purpose for which you want to come to the UK
It is valid for the date on which you want to travel. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately.)

If you think there is anything wrong with your visa, contact the visa section immediately

What are public funds? 

Under the Immigration Rules, if you want to travel to the UK to study, you must be able to support yourself and live without claiming certain state benefits.

Public funds

You can find more information about public funds in the Immigration Directorate Instructions (IDIs) and Immigration Rules on the Immigration and Nationality Directorate’s website.

Immigration and Nationality Directorate

Can I extend my stay as a student?

If you come in the UK with a student visa or prospective student visa, or if you want to study on a course at degree level or higher, you can apply to the Immigration and Nationality Directorate, which is part of the Home Office. (Contact details are at end of this guidance.) The Immigration and Nationality Directorate will charge you a fee for any extension of your stay.

The highest period of time that a student can stay in the UK on short courses one after the other, below degree level, is two years.

If you do not enter the UK with a student or prospective student visa, or you are not studying on a course at degree level course or higher, you will not be allowed to extend your stay.

Can I work? 

You can take part-time or holiday work, but you must not:

Work for more than 20 hours a week during term time unless your placement is part of your studies, has been agreed with your educational institution and leads to a degree or qualification awarded by a nationally recognized examining body
Do business, be self-employed or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer
Work full-time in a permanent job
If you are coming to the UK as a student for six months or less, you must ask the Entry Clearance Officer (or the Immigration Officer if you do not need an entry clearance) for go-ahead to work

Can I switch to work permit employment whilst I am in the UK?

You may be able to switch if:

You have completed a recognized degree course at either a UK publicly-funded institution of further or higher education or an approved private education
Organization that has satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance
You hold a valid work permit for employment
You have the written permission of any government or agency that is sponsoring you, and you have not broken immigration law

Can I bring my husband or wife and children with me?

Your husband or wife and any of your children under 18 can come to the UK with you during your studies, as long as you can support them and live without needing any help from public funds.

Will my husband or wife be permissible to work?

Your husband or wife will be allowed to work in the UK if we give you authorization to stay in the country for 12 months or more.

Can I go to the UK to arrange my studies?

You can travel to the UK as a prospective student for up to six months to arrange your studies. You will need to show that:

You intend to enroll on a course of study within six months of arriving in the UK
You can pay for your course, support yourself and your dependants, and live without working or needing any help from public funds
You intend to leave the UK when you finish your studies or when your permission to stay ends if you do not qualify to stay in the UK as a student

Note: You should not buy a ticket, or pay all or part of the cost of a study course if your visa application being delayed or refused would mean that you lost your money.

When should I apply?

You should apply in good time for your entry clearance so that you are not belated in getting into the UK. It can get very busy in visa sections, especially over the summer when lots of students are applying.

Can I get medical treatment? 

If you come from a country with a health-care agreement with the United Kingdom, or you are enrolled on a course for six months or more, you may be able to get medical treatment on the National Health Service (NHS)

Short-term students who are here for less than six months and visitors are not entitled to free medical treatment, and you will be charged for any treatment you receive. Please make sure you have enough health insurance to cover your stay.

You can get more information from the Department of Health:


Do I have to register with the police? 

If you have to register with the police, we will stamp this condition in your passport. You must register within seven days of arriving in the United Kingdom.
To register, you will need your passport. Non-nationals will need to carry to passport photos of themselves. If you are staying in the Metropolitan Police Area, you should take these to the Overseas Visitors Records Office, Ground Floor, Brandon House, 180 Borough High Street, SE1 1LH between 9am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. If you are not staying in the Metropolitan Area, you should contact your local police force for the address and opening hours of other police registration offices. You will have to pay a fee for registering with the police.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Documents necessary for UK Student Visa

Resource for the latest information of Documents Required for UK Student Visa. It contains helpful information of Documents necessary for UK Student Visa along with guide to Study Abroad, Universities, Scholarships, Application Documentation, Student Visa process and Student Life.

The following documents are required for the student visa of UK :

1. Visa Application form (VAF1 - Non-settlement) - fully completed and signed by applicant.

2. Appropriate Visa fee of for several entry.

3. Passport valid for at least 6 months, with available 'visa' pages for stamping (additional pages are not acceptable).

4. If available, the student's old passport.

5. Study Overseas Ltd (UK) reference letter & copy of signed Declaration Form – for Study Overseas Ltd (UK) students.

6. Receipt for any deposit or deposit of tuition fees paid to the University – if applicable.

7. Proof of current studies, or current employment. If neither, evidence of current status.

8. Valid original acceptance letter from school/college in the UK stating

i. i Cost of course fees and receipt for any fees paid
ii. Details of accommodation and how much it costs
iii. The start date and duration of the proposed course

9. Proof of ability to pay for course:

(Please contact your nearest Study Overseas Ltd (UK) office for detailed advice).
i. Original bank statements/passbooks covering at least 6months or FD (copies to be submitted)
ii. The sponsor's IT returns for 3 years and salary certificates.
iii. Deeds of any property or land owned in the student's country of origin.
iv. Chartered accountant's report

10. All educational certificates after/from schooling till date

11. Evidence of English Language qualifications.

12. Sponsors are normally parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters or relatives. From sponsors, a letter of sponsorship, photocopies of their passports showing their immigration status (if sponsor is outside student's country of origin), evidence of their financial status and available accommodation in the UK (if sponsoring for accommodation).

Note for students in India and Pakistan: It is strongly recommended that sponsors, other than parents, living outside of India or Pakistan prepay your University tuition fees and keep the receipt of the payment before you apply for your visa. This proves that the sponsor is real.

Sponsorship from individuals who are not close family members of the student will have to be supported by very strong evidence on why they wish to spend a large amount of money on your eduaction.

Medicals :

Students enrolled on a course for more than 6 months may be required to undergo a medical examination before leaving for UK. This may vary depending on the country you are living in.

Note for students: Medicals are not currently required as part of theVisa application proccess

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Visitor's visa to visit Canada & How do apply

Do I need a visitor's visa to visit Canada and if so, how do I apply for one?

You may need to get a visitor's visa to visit Canada. It depends on which country you are from.

A visitor is a person who comes to Canada for a temporary purpose and is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. This includes tourists, people visiting family in Canada, business travellers, foreign students, and temporary workers.

If you are a passport holder of these countries, you must get a visitor's visa (temporary resident visa) to enter Canada.

The list of countries that are exempt from needing the visitor's visa can change at any time. Check Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website for  latest  information.

Make sure you have all the proper documents before you travel to Canada.

You must satisfy the visa officer that you meet certain requirements and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay.

Canada does not pay for hospital or medical services for visitors. Make sure you have health insurance to pay your medical costs before you leave for Canada.

How to Apply :

Read the instruction guide.
Collect the documents [PDF] you need.
Download and complete the application form [PDF]. Each family member must fill out their own form, even if you are travelling together. You can submit all forms in 1 envelope.
Pay the fees.
Send your application to a Canadian visa office.

For More Information :

Visiting Canada - Information about how to apply for a visitor's visa, how you can extend your stay, and answers to frequently-asked questions.

Visitors to Canada - This website has information that visitors to Canada need to know before they travel. From Canada Border Services Agency.

Requirements to Enter Canada - Use this interactive tool to get information about entering Canada as an immigrant, worker, student or visitor. From Going to Canada.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Australia Skilled Sponsored Visa - Family Sponsorship

The Australian Sponsored visa operates on a points-based system that focuses predominantly on the skills, qualifications and work experience of the Australian skilled migration applicant.

The total points requirement is open to change and is dependent on decisions made by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA).

The current pass mark for a Skilled-Australian Sponsored visa for immigration to Australia is 100 points, This application is supported by a sponsor to ensure that the applicant meets the necessary points requirement.


These type of Australia visas entitle people emigrating to Australia to gain permanent residency status. After a two-year period, providing relevant criteria have been met, the visa holder may apply for Australian citizenship.

Eligibility Criteria


An Australian visa application for Skilled Sponsored Migration must be lodged before the applicant reaches the age of 45 years.

Skills & Qualifications

The main applicant:

    * Must meet the qualifications and/or work experience requirements of the appropriate skills assessing body for their profession and must have been assessed as suitable by the relevant body for the nominated occupation;
    * Must nominate a skilled occupation that appears on the most recent version of the Skilled Occupations List;
    * The candidate must have been in recent paid employment of at least 20 hours per week in any of the occupations on the Skilled Occupations List for 12 of the last 24 months.


The visa applicant must:

    * Be related to a sponsor as a non-dependant child, a parent, a brother or sister, or a niece or nephew;
    * They should also be 18 years of age or over;
    * The nominated sponsor must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or in certain cases New Zealand citizens may also act as the sponsor.

Assurance of Support

To migrate to Australia under this category, the applicant must have an assurer. The assurer must also meet several requirements, including having a certain income level.

 Health & Character

There are strict health and character requirements that must be met before any permanent Australian visa of more than 12 months will be granted. Those people attempting to migrate will be required to:

    * Undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray undertaken by one of a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities, and;
    * Obtain police certificates for all countries in which they have lived for more than 1year in the 10 years leading up to the application.

Processing Times

The current processing time for the Skilled Sponsored migration visa is about 1 year 03 months from the start of the process.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

UK Government Announce New 'Entrepreneur Visa.

UK Government is expected to announce a new "entrepreneur visa" aimed at attracting investor-backed businessmen who wish to immigrate to the UK to start high-tech companies. The goal is to better position London as a hot-bed for startups; The UK Government hopes that East London will become the "Silicon Valley" of the UK.

The United States, particularly the San Francisco Bay area, is known for its leading position in encouraging high-tech innovation, something the UK hopes to emulate. Europe in general is often seen as lagging behind America in encouraging entrepreneurship, particularly in the technology arena.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron is announced plans for the new entrepreneur visa on 4 November 2010, which if successful will transform part of East London into a High Tech Centre; Investors include companies such as Google, Intel, & Facebook.
Businessmen applying for an entrepreneur visa are expected to have significant backing from investors for their new business. How much investment will be required remains to be seen.

The new visa announcement comes at a time when the UK Border Agency has a cap on highly skilled immigration. Many would say that making it easier for people to come into the UK on a Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 Visa would do much more to encourage innovation and investment in the UK than a new high-tech area in East London.

It also remains to be seen just how this new visa will be integrated into the UK's existing tiered immigration syststem.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Student Visa From China Declined In Australian Universities

Australian Universities noticed that the number students from China applying for student visas to study at Australian universities has been dramatically declined in the following summer. This could be due to changes in Australian skilled immigration policy.

A 40 percent of decline has been noticed of Chinese student visa, applying to Australian universities for the next summer session. Further Education and Technical Colleges have seen a decline of 80 percent in Chinese student visa applications.

The sharp decline in student applications could cause a crisis in Australia's education industry as Chinese students represent approximately $6 billion in revenue. Chinese students make up an estimated 27 percent of Australia's foreign student population.

The decline in Chinese students is blamed on current changes to Australian immigration law. The Australian government reduced 50 percent Skilled worker occupations on 01 July 2010, which are eligible under its popular General Skilled Migration programme.

The Australian skilled occupation list while much declined since 1 July 2010 has far more occupations on it than the Canadian occupation list. The Australian skilled occupation list has 181 occupations compared to 29 occupations under the Canadian Skilled worker programme.

Canada,United States and many other Countries are trying to attract international students as well. Australia needs to work hard to continue to attract students from China and around the World.

Education agents in Beijing have also said Australian universities had been greedy in putting their fees up every year, which has priced themselves out of the market particularly as they face increasing competition from US universities.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Required Docoments for UK Study Visa

If you want to apply for UK study visa, you must be able to show that you have been accepted for study at a recognized educational establishment. Invoke International (Pvt.) Ltd. has many associated colleges and universities in the UK and our educational consultants can not only assist you in getting the admission in any institute in the UK but can also recommend you the best course and institute for you according to your educational background and other factors.

Required  Docoments for UK Study Visa

Before you apply for UK study visa you make sure you have all your original documents ready. We recommend that you start putting your supporting documents together in advance and provide to any of our educational consultant on demand.

There is no fixed checklist for the documents needed for UK study visa, as each student’s circumstances are different. We recommend that you provide us all relevant documents which can provide as much credible evidence as they can for your individual visa application.

UK Study Visa Checklist :

UK Study Visa Checklist

Following section will give you a list of documents required for UK Visa. Please keep in mind that every student’s case is different and should be prepared for visa application differently so remember to give us any other document that seem relevant to your case.

For Applicant: 

Original Passport along with copy (valid for at least 6 months)

Original ID card along with copy
(FedEx Gerry's requirement)
Unconditional letter of acceptance from college, school or university
4 recent passport size photographs
(white background and 45mm * 35mm in size)
All Original Educational & Non Educational Documents
(should be attested from IBCC and HEC, Embassy requirement)
Original IELTS/TOEFL or relevant Score Report
TB Screening Report
Copies of all Educational Transcripts along with IELTS/TOEFL Score Report
Proof of Educational Gap (if applicable)
Job Experience letters (if applicable)
High Commission Fee GBP145
British Council Student Select Scheme Fee Rs. 6500.

Total points to apply : You need 40 points to be able to apply for a student visa and must provide the proof needed with your application form.

1) Points : 30

What you gets points for: Doing a course (at an acceptable level) with an approved education provider (also known as sponsorship)

Proof and documents needed  Visa letter from your approved education provider, and the documents used to get the visa letter.

2) Points : 10

What you gets points for : Having enough money to cover your course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance.

Proof and documents needed :  Bank statement or letter confirming that you have enough money available to cover your course fees and monthly living costs for up to one year, at the time you submit your application.

Course at an acceptable level : You can do courses that lead to an approved qualification and are:

Approved at level 3 or above on the National Qualifications framework (NQF);approved at the same level in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF);

Approved at the same level by the Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales (ACCAC);

Approved at the same level by the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland;

Are short-term study abroad programmes in the United Kingdom as part of your qualification at an overseas higher education institution, as long as the qualification is confirmed as the same as a United Kingdom degree level by UK NARIC. You can find contact details for UK NARIC on the right side of this page; or

An English language course at a level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. If you want to do another English language course after your first course, you will need to show a formal assessment of the English language level you got.

For Sponsor: Affidavit of Support Attested by Notary Public

(must be on the legal stamp paper of at least Rs. 20)

Affidavit of Property Evaluation (if applicable)

(i.e. Residential, Commercial or Agricultural properly, must be on property dealer letterhead)

Affidavit of Business or Employment Proof

(Source of Income, must be on the letterhead of Organization)

Bank Statements at least for last 6 months (Minimum Balance Rs. 25,00,000)

(Depends on Course and College/University)

Bank Confirmation Certificate

(Sponsor Relationship with Bank)

Copy of Sponsor's ID Card and Passport (if applicable)

Proof of Relationship with the Student

(Form B or any other Relevant Evidence)

Copy of Tax Returns

(at least for last 2 years)

Copy of NTN Certificate

(Individual or Business).

Friday, October 22, 2010


International students value Australian qualifications

In a recent survey of 2000 students found that nearly 40 percent of the participants believe their Australian degrees with give them the competitive edge they would need against graduates from the US and the UK.

The survey also showed that nearly 40 percent of graduates planned to work in Australia, while only 13 percent indcated their interest of immigrating upon completion.

IDP chief executive Tony Pollock said "students who come here from their tertiary education make ideal migrants and we should be encouraging them to spend some time working here after they graduate."

Denis Murray the executive director of the International Education Association of Australia said "it is well past time for the state and federal governments to say how the strategy would be implemented and who would be responsible for it." Mr Murray also said, "Consultations with the sector took place almost a year ago and details are still not announced."

The cause for the delay is believed to be because the governments are struggling to fund the strategy.

Mr. Murray said "this is a sorely needed investment in social cohesion, particularly given the socially divisive trends that emerged during the recent election campaign."

Universities Australia wants a "visionary and strategic" prime ministerial statement on international education to coincide with next year's 25th anniversary of international education in Australia.

If you are interested in Australian Visas, contact Migration Expert for information and advice on which visa is best suited to you.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How to Study Abroad in Europe

Are you thinking of studying abroad in Europe but don't know how to start? Nowadays, earning your degree or part of it abroad has become a vital tool for students to grow personally and professionally. With over 5,400 institutions, a cohesive higher education policy, a safe environment, and an amazing cultural and historical heritage, Europe has a lot to offer you as a student. On this article, I explain the steps you should follow to come study in Europe and give you some pieces of advice on the essential factors to consider when preparing your foreign study experience in Europe.

 STEP 1: Have you already started your higher education studies? There's a great difference between applying for studies abroad in Europe as a first-year student and moving from a university or college from another country: - If you are not enrolled at any higher education institution in your home country and would like to study as an undergraduate student in Europe, you may need to prove you have successfully passed your upper secondary school / high school studies and your school leaving examination. If you passed the leaving examination and your home country signed the Lisbon Convention or have a reciprocal agreement with the country in Europe where you will be studying, you might be exempted from taking the examination again. To check the validity of your previous studies at high school to continue to higher education studies, you should contact either the university or college of your interest or the ministry of education of the country where you will be studying. Which one you will have to contact vary depending on the country in Europe. - If you are already studying at university or college in your home country and would like to study abroad in Europe.

STEP 2: Decide whether you will be an exchange or a free mover student. If you would like to study your entire degree in Europe, coming as a free mover student might be the most appropriate option for you. If you would just like to study abroad in Europe for a specific period of time, participating in an exchange program between your current school and its counterpart in Europe might be the best approach. It is important your firstly evaluate your status as a student, as it will determine how to apply for studies abroad in Europe. Among the differences between being an exchange or a free mover student in Europe, I would mention these ones: - Exchange students submit their applications through their coordinator at their home school, while free movers must arrange all the documentation by themselves. - As an exchange student, you will be charged moderate or no tuition fees at all, while you will have to pay full tuition and registration fees as a free mover student. - Keep in mind that if you intend to return to your home school, you should make sure you agree in written with your teachers what courses you studied abroad will be recognized once you are back. This is usually done through a document called "Learning agreement". - In general, exchange students follow different application deadlines than the usual dates.

STEP 3: Find a school that best meets your academic profile and personal expectations.This is the most time-consuming part of the process of organizing your foreign study experience in Europe. When selecting a school in Europe, you should consider factors such as: - The language of instruction: in Europe, you can study in many languages, such as English, Spanish, French, German or Italian, just to mention a few of them. Don't be afraid and take the chance to improve your foreign language skills. Many schools in Europe offer languages courses addressed to their international students. So you may be able to earn a degree while learning or improving your foreign language skills. In fact, I studied Swedish while earning my degree. The language of instruction of my lectures was Swedish! It might seem hard in the beginning, but the result is truly rewarding. - Social activities: does your school offer activities to get you socially integrated in the campus life ? It's not just about having fun, but also about learning more about the country where you will be living in and getting to know other people who are in the same situation as you. You will even make very good friends! - Accommodation offer: does your school provide you with accommodation at the campus or help you find a place to stay? You should look for an accommodation option before coming to Europe. - Career opportunities: think of the possibilities available for you after you finish your studies at the school you chose. Do they also help you with career development?

STEP 4: Take the admission tests. This might not always be the case but, for certain competitive study programs, students are required to pass an admission test. The results you abtain at those tests will determine whether you will finally be admitted.In the event you are applying for studies related for fine arts, you may also be required to pass aptitude tests.

STEP 5: Prepare your student visa and residence permit. Once you have selected your school and have been admitted to the study program of your choice, you may initiate the process of applying for a student visa or residence permit. Students from certain countries or planning to stay in Europe for a period of time longer than 90 days, will have to apply for a Schengen Visa and/or a residence permit. Usually the application for a residence permit and a Schengen Visa is carry out through the embassy or consulate in your home country, where you can also address any questions you may have.

I hope the pieces of advice are of help and encourage you to come study in Europe. Welcome to Europe.

Juan Carlos Cera is the CEO and International Studies Advisor of, an online resource that provides key, organized and comparable information about the educational systems of Europe. Through the website students receive straightforward answers to important questions that need to be addressed when preparing a foreign study experience in Europe.

Study in europe, How to study in europe,

Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Immigration Minister Damian Green said that immigration levels of students under the student visa at level 4 were "unsustainable." There have been rumors that the popular Tier 1 post study work visa that allows graduate students to stay in England for two years to work and possibly earn a longer term highly qualified Tier 1 or Tier 2 Visa General Visa General will be deleted.

The immigration minister has suggested that the United Kingdom is not to attract the best students, only half the students are attending courses at university level. British Home Office research suggests that one fifth of pupils are still in the UK after five years.

Immigration Minister Green has stated:

"We can not assume that everyone coming here has the skills of the workforce in the UK can not offer."

"We need to strengthen regulation so that all students benefit from us"

On a positive note to the Minister of Immigration stated that:

"I do not want to interfere with the success stories of our universities."

It is likely that there will be a reform of the UK student visa and a limit on the number of student visas Level 4, published in the future. The British government said that two-fifths of students in the group British Home Office sample remain in the UK after five years. Work visas such as the Tier 1 visa to study at the workplace, the highly skilled Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa General General visa will also be discussed. According to the Office for National Statistics, United Kingdom immigration increased in 2009 from 33,000 to 196,000.

Immigration Minister Green has said that the coalition government took over an immigration system of the former Labor government that was "largely out of control":

"What these numbers tell me is that we also need to look any other way [outside employment] by which people come to this country, perhaps for education, for reasons of family reunification and, in particular roads that lead to permanent settlement, "

Sally Hunt, general secretary of the University and College Union stated that:

"The populist policies on immigration could play well nationally, but globally, we risk looking foolish.

"Damian Green made his remarks today after returning from a trip to India where he encouraged students to come to the United Kingdom."

If you want to enter the student visa at level 4 or stay at a post study work, you should consider applying as soon as possible. It seems likely that there will be limits on student visas Level 4 in the future and it is very possible if not that the visa of Tier 1 post study work will be removed.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Morocco Immigration, Morocco Visa

In Morocco, visa applications are not required by foreign nationals of a number of countries; as with many destinations around the world.

Morocco allows citizens of a range of countries to visit for a duration of up to three months without making a visa application.

Our site immigration consultant will be able to advise you on whether you need to make a visa application in order to visit or immigrate to Morocco for any length of time. Using the free visa assessment below, you can quickly and easily find out the ideal visa for you.

Types of Visa for Morocco
In Morocco, visas for short visits are generally issued as either a Morocco tourist visa, often referred to as a visit visa, visitor visa or travel visa or a Moroccan business visa, often known as a business visit visa.

In practice, both variants of this entry clearance are valid for the same duration, however, the focus of each variant is geared toward the purpose of the trip and accordingly the requirements for each version differ slightly.

Moroccan Tourist Visa

Moroccan tourist visas are designed for those who wish to take a holiday in Morocco or to enter the country for a short period of time to visit family and friends. A tourist visa for Morocco is issued with a duration of three months, and like equivalent visit visas in destinations across the world this type of permit is a temporary immigration solution.

Candidates entering Morocco through a permit of this type are obliged to return to their country of residence at the end of their time in Morocco and are not permitted to undertake employment.

Moroccan Business Visa

Moroccan business visas are also issued for a duration of three months although they can be granted as either a single entry or multiple entry permit.

In Morocco, business visas are designed for those who wish to visit the country in order to engage in business activities other than working in Morocco.

All applications for either Moroccan visa service outlined above must satisfy the following requirements:
  1. Applications must include a fully signed and completed application form with passport photos and the appropriate fee.
  2. Each candidate must be in possession of a current and valid passport with at least one blank page.
  3. Where candidates are visiting Morocco as a tourist, evidence of the purpose of the visit must be provided through holiday booking documentation.
  4. Where visitors are entering under a business permit, a letter of introduction from their company will be necessary as well as a letter of invitation from a Moroccan firm.
Living and Working in Morocco

In Morocco, immigration requires candidates who wish to stay in the country for longer than the three-month period discussed to apply for a visa extension within the 15 days immediately following their arrival.

For applicants who wish to apply for a Moroccan residence permit, the procedure is to enter the country on a short-term entry visa, then apply for permanent residency once in Morocco.

Candidates for Moroccan immigration who wish to apply for a residence permit must do so within two weeks of their initial arrival in Morocco.

In Morocco, work permit applications are employer led and work permits may only be granted to candidates who have been offered a specific position with a particular Moroccan company.

The company in question must apply on behalf of the candidate and will be required to demonstrate that the position being offered could not have been filled by a Moroccan citizen or permanent resident.

Processing Times and Fees

In Morocco, visa applications can often be processed within five working days. However, immigration visa services are frequently subject to change and may be affected by the type of entry clearance being pursued and the nationality of the applicant. In some circumstances, applications may take up to two months to process.

Morocco Immigration, Morocco Visa, Morocco work permit, Morocco business visa, Morocco tourist visa,

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Poland Immigration

Poland Visa

Poland is a member state of the European Union and as such, the country permits foreign nationals from EU member states to visit the country for a period of up to 90 days duration without the need to apply for a visa.

Poland also extends this courtesy to a group of other nations, allowing them to enter Poland for 90 days without making a visa application.

Poland also participates actively in the Schengen visa agreement which facilitates the free and unhindered movement of holders of Schengen visas throughout the twenty five countries included in the scheme.

This site  migration consultant will be able to advise you as to whether applying for a visa for Poland is necessary for nationals of your country.

Types of Visa for Poland

In Poland, visas for tourists and business visit visas are often grouped together under the collective terms 'regular visas' and 'short stay visas'. Within this, a tourist visa can often be referred to as a travel visa, a visit visa, or a visitor visa, and a business visa is often called a business visit visa.

To summarize, and avoid the potential for confusion, Polish visas for short stay excursions are issued in one of two categories, for either tourism or business.

Polish visitor visas and visas for business share the same duration and neither permits its holder to engage in employment. However, the requirements for each are slightly different and are set out below.

Polish Tourist Visa

Polish tourist visas are issued to those who wish to enter Poland either for the purposes of tourism or to visit family and friends. The duration of these short-term permits is based on the applicant's requirements and the length of time granted can vary from 1 day to several weeks or more. However, the duration will not exceed 90 days.

These permits are intended as a temporary immigration service and are issued with the obligation for the holder to return to their country of residence upon or before expiry.

Polish visit visa applications will require a range of documentation including, a travel itinerary, proof of sufficient funds and a valid passport.

Polish Business Visa

Polish business visas are designed for people requiring entry clearance for Poland in order to engage in business activities with the exception of entering employment.

Holders of this temporary visa service may attend business meetings, conferences, or seminars, however, they may not be paid during their stay in Poland.

In addition to the requirements for a Polish travel visa listed above, applications for business visit visas must also include a letter from the candidate's employer giving details of the purpose and duration of the trip.

The letter must also commit the company to financial responsibility for the applicant. An additional letter of invitation from a Polish company will also be required.

Polish Work Permits

In Poland, work permit applications for those who wish to live and work in Poland follow an employer led process, which like a UK work permit, involves a Polish employer applying on behalf of a prospective candidate.

An application for a promissory decision is submitted, which is successful, leads tto an application for a Polish work visa to the Polish consulate in the applicant's home country. Working visas for Poland are generally granted for an initial period of one year.

In Poland, work permit applications do not place specific requirements on the qualifications and experience required by applicants.

However, as a general rule, the likelihood of working permits being granted will increase for applicants with higher qualifications.

In Poland, work permits will require confirmation of a candidate's highest qualification and experience and some Polish language proficiency.

Spouse immigration and Dependent immigration

Foreign nationals in Poland on a permit for work must reside in Poland continuously for a minimum of two years before becoming eligible to sponsor family members who wish to relocate to Poland.

Where an applicant is in a relationship with an unmarried partner, it will be necessary for the partner to apply entirely in his or her own right in order to begin living and working in Poland

Processing Times and Fees

Processing times and fees are subject change and can often be affected by various factors such as the nationality of the candidate.

Applications for short stay visas can often be processed within five working days, or where the express service is used, at the discretion of the consulate, one working day, however, once again, this figure depends upon the nationality of the applicant, and for nationals of some countries the process may take two weeks or more.

Poland visa, Poland work permit visa,Poland Tourist visa,Poland Business visa,Poland Immigration

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Immigration to Spain


In 2005, Spain announced a general amnesty for illegal immigrants. By registering with the relevant authorities, formerly illegal immigrants were able to legitimize their presence in Spain.

EU nationals

Spain recently announced that it will be opening its borders for workers from all EU countries in spring 2006. Therefore, as of that date, if you are an EU national you will not need a work permit to work in Spain  you can enter the country as a tourist and register with the Spanish national employment office (Instituto Nacional de Empleo - INEM) to look for a job. You then have 90 days to find employment  you can obtain an extension after that date or leave Spain and re-enter for a further 90 days. Once you find a job, you will need your employment contract in order to apply for your residence permit.

Non-EU nationals

Residents non-EU who wish to work in Spain must obtain a work permit. They must also obtain a visa before moving to work in Spain.

Work permits must be applied for at the Foreigners' Office (Oficinas de Extranjeros) or to the provincial office of the Ministry of Labour (Delegación Provincial del Ministerio de Trabajo), if you are already in Spain. If you are not in Spain, a work permit must be applied for at the Consular office of your home country.

The provincial labour offices (Direcciones Provinciales de Trabajo, Seguridad Social y Asuntos Sociales) will decide whether the work permit will be issued or not.

How long will it take to get an employee on site with an Spanish work permit?

The supporting documentation needed is quite extensive and can take some time to collect. It must be submitted in Spanish, so translations should be taken into both time and financial budgets. Once the application has been lodged, processing takes between 3 and 6 months due to the highly bureaucratic systems designed to protect the resident labour markets.

Spain has just acknowledged the provision of service ruling by the European Court, which means that some candidates may be able to be placed on-site within a week. See the section below.

When the work permit is approved the candidate must apply for a residence visa to travel to Spain and start work.

Can my company obtain Spanish work permits?

There are two possible ways for the candidate to be employed with a work permit for the first time:

   1. As the direct employee of an Spanish company. In the first instance this would be a type b, which is for a maximum of 1 year. This may be extended and would become a type B, valid for a maximum of 2 years.
   2. As the employee of a foreign company that is providing services to an Spanish company. This foreign company may not be a recruitment agency and must produce a service contract as part of the application. In this scenario, a Spanish accountant must administer the payrolling of the candidate to ensure that all tax and social security is duly paid. This would be a type A permit and would be valid for a maximum of 9 months.

Does the candidate qualify for an Spanish work permit?

The candidate must be shown to have sufficient experience to fill the position.

If the application is for an assignment permit then the candidate should have at least 6-12 months experience with the service provider, to justify the claim that they have experience with the company's systems.

Preference is given to candidates with some demonstrable link with Spain and Latin American citizens

How do I apply for an Spanish work permit?

The application is generally lodged through the Direccion Provincial de Trabajo, seguridad Social y Asuntos Sociales (local labour office), however they may also be lodged at the office for foreigners, the Gereral directorate for Migration, or even the post office. When the application is for provision of service and the employer has no presence in Spain, the Spanish consulate will accept the application.

Once the work permit application is approved, the candidate will need to make a residence visa application in their usual country of residence. The candidate will probably need to present a police clearance certificate and an original birth certificate to be granted this visa, so it is worthwhile assembling these documents in advance.

Provision of service ruling – van der Elst

The European court made a ruling that any EEA company should be able to provide services to its EEA clients without the need to obtain additional work permits for it's employees. i.e. if a British software house sells it's product to a Spanish company and to install the product on it's client's systems needs to send some non-EEA employees who have UK work permits to the client's offices in Spain they should not need a Spanish work permit.

This ruling is being acknowledged very slowly across Europe, and was acknowledged by Spain at the end of 1999. In order to fit into this category the employee must have been employed in the EEA by the supplier for at least 12 months before being seconded.

Spanish work permit FAQs

What is the difference between a work permit and a visa?

A work permit is permission for a company to employ a foreign worker given by the labour authorities. It does not allow the candidate to travel to or reside in Spain. Once the work permit has been approved the candidate should apply for a residence visa (type D).NOTE: that a Schengen (type C) visa is NOT sufficient to take up employment with a work permit.

What is the difference between "body shopping" and providing a service?

It is not possible to obtain a work permit for a candidate who is being body shopped, but it is possible for a candidate under a contract to provide services. The key differences are:

    The sponsor may not be a recruitment agency.
    The staff remain on the payroll and line management of the service provider.
    The services are above and beyond that of just a contractor e.g. consultants assisting in the installation of a propriety product sold to a client.
    The services provided must be shown to be in the normal run of operations for the service provider.

Immigration to Spain,Spain Immigration,visa of spain

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Canada : Quebec

Canada's largest province, situated in the east of the country.
The only Canadian province where French is the official language

Responsible for selecting its own immigrants, welcoming about 45 000 each year.
Advantages of living in Quebec

 A safe environment in north America

 A vibrant culture, the meeting point of European and American tendencies

 An affordable cost of living, proportional to the the average salary

 Good public health and education systems.

 The French-speaking society eases integration of French-speaking immigrants whilst offering a new but accessible cultural experience to other immigrants

 High standard of living

 A welcoming society with strong values centred around liberty, quality and tolerance



Situated in the north-eastern area of North America, Quebec covers an area of 1 667 441 km2 roughly equivalent to the combined land mass of Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Switzerland and Germany. Quebec lies between the Arctic Ocean in the north, the USA and New Brunswick to the south, NewFoundland, Labrador and the Atlantic Ocean to the east and Ontario to the west. It is the largest of the Canadian provinces.


7 598 146 inhabitants, of which 3 750 120 men and 3 848 026 women

 Life expectancy at birth:

 77,2 years for men, 82,4 for women

 Average age:

 38,4 (men); 40,8 (women)


 French (official)

Mother tongues: French (80,9%), English (7,8 %), other (10%)


No religion (5,6%); Roman Catholic (83%); Protestant (4,7%); Orthodox Christian (1,4%); Muslim (1,5%); Jewish (1,3%); Buddhist (0,6%); Hindu (0,3%); Sikh (0,1%)



Administrative regions (17):

Bas Saint-Laurent; Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean; Capitale-Nationale; Mauricie; Estrie; Montréal; Outaouais; Abitibi-Témiscamingue; Côte-Nord; Nord-du-Québec; Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine; Chaudière-Appalaches; Laval; Lanaudière; Laurentides; Montérégie; Centre-du-Québec

 Political system:

Three tiers: federal, provincial, municipal.

 GDP - per capita:

purchasing power parity - $29,400 (2002 .est)

 Unemployment rate:


Saturday, September 11, 2010

Immigration to Japan

Below is a basic introduction of the Japanese immigration system. Please contact your closest Japanese embassy or consulate to make sure that you have all the required documents before traveling to Japan.

Temporary visitors (tourists) :

If you are a citizen of one of the over 50 countries with which Japan has concluded a "general visa exemption arrangement", you need only a valid passport in order to enter Japan as a "temporary visitor", otherwise, you need to apply for a visa before coming to Japan. Temporary visitors from most countries are allowed to stay in Japan for up to 90 days.

If you are a citizens of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, you have the possibility to extend your stay in Japan to a total of up to six months. You still initially enter Japan for 90 days, but can then apply for an extension at an immigration office in Japan.

Temporary visitors are not allowed to engage in any paid activities. Short term studies at certain Japanese language schools are permitted.

Travelers who change airplanes or ships in Japan, may be eligible for a transit visa, which allows them to enter Japan for 72 hours to 15 days for sightseeing purposes, before proceeding to their final destination outside of Japan.

All foreign tourists in Japan are required to carry their passports with them at all times.

Working Holiday visa :

This is a special visa for young citizens of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea, France, Germany and the United Kingdom. Visit our working holiday visa page for more details.

Working visa :

Foreigner who wish to work in Japan, need to apply for an appropriate visa before coming to Japan. There are about a dozen types of working visas, each allowing the holder to engage in paid activities only within a defined professional field. For example, there are visas for artists, professors, engineers, instructors and entertainers.

If you change jobs while you are in Japan, you also need to change your status of residence, provided that the new job falls into a different professional field. Most working visas are valid for one or three years and need to be extended before they expire.

Student visa :

Foreigner who wish to study in Japan, need to apply for an appropriate visa before coming to Japan. (An exception may be short stays at Japanese language schools.) There are a few types of student visas depending on the type of studies. Holders are not allowed to engage in any paid activities.

Spouse visa

Applicants who are married to a Japanese national can apply for a spouse visa before coming to Japan. Visa holders are allowed to engage in any paid activity. A spouse visa is valid for one or three years and needs to be extended before it expires.

Permanent residence :

People who have resided in Japan for at least five consecutive years and fulfill a few more vaguely defined conditions, may be eligible to apply for permanent residence. Permanent residents do not need to worry about extending visas anymore and are allowed to engage in any paid activity.

Alien registration

All foreigners who stay in Japan for more than 90 days, need to apply for an alien registration card within the  first 90 days of their stay. Applications can be made at the local municipal office (e.g. city hall). The alien registration card is an important document required for opening a bank account and similar activities. Foreign residents are required to carry their alien registration card with them at all times.

Re-entry permit :

Workers, students and spouses, as well as permanent residents are required to apply for a re-entry permit whenever leaving Japan temporarily (for example, for holidays) in order to keep their status of residence in Japan. Without re-entry permit, a person who leaves Japan, will lose his/her status of residence. Re-entry permits can be obtained at immigration offices and some airports.

Naturalization :

People who have resided in Japan for at least five consecutive years and fulfill a range of other vaguely defined conditions, may be eligible to apply for Japanese citizenship. Japan does not allow multiple citizenship, which means that new citizens will have to give up their previous citizenship(s).

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Studying in Germany,Investment and Self-Employment visas in Germany

Studying in Germany
With low tuition fees and internationally recognized Bachelor's and Master's degrees now established, Germany is an attractive place of study for foreign students. A student may stay for a maximum of nine months. Foreign students are allowed to work, however, they need to have very good language skills in German & can work for up to 90 days each year, or 180 half days. Foreign students may work in Germany for up to one year after graduating, however the job must be related to the field of study.

The process is the following: 

1)  If you plan to study in Germany, the first step is to gain admission to a German university.
2)  You must then submit an application for a student visa to the German Embassy in your home country. You must also submit verification from your university that you have been accepted.
3)  The German Embassy will then forward the visa application for an opinion to the foreigners' authority in the town of the university.
4)  The German Embassy will issue the visa for entry once the foreigners' authority has given its approval.

Investment and Self-Employment visas:

Ernst & Young asked 500 businessmen worldwide to list the most sought-after investment locations. In their survey, Germany was number one in Europe and ranked third overall, trailing only behind China and the USA.

You are eligible for this type of visa if you invest one million euro and create ten new German jobs

Some advantages:

You have the same rights as German citizens, whatever type of company you are establishing.

You do not need a German associate or guarantor.

After the business has been established for three years, you and your family may receive unlimited residence permits. These will allow you to enter Germany any time you wish.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

How to Apply for Permanent Residence in Germany & Basic Requirements to Qualify for work parmit

As of the 1 January 2005 introduction of the new German Immigration Act, foreigners need only obtain a German residence permit, which gives them the right to work, rather than separate residence and work permits. Citizens of the US, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, and Switzerland may apply for their residence and work permit while remaining in Germany as visitors. Citizens of these countries, however, are not allowed to work in Germany until after their work and residence permit application is approved.

Citizens of most other countries are required to apply for and obtain a residence and work permit prior to entering Germany at their German consulate.

The procedure as of 1 January 2005 is as follows:

Stage 1: The residence permit application (which also provides access to the labour market) for the candidate is received by the German embassy in the country where the candidate lives.

Stage 2: The Embassy passes the application to the immigration office (the Auslaenderbehoerde) in the place where the job is to take place for initial approval. The immigration office, in cooperation with the local employment office (the Arbeitsamt) that issues the permission, makes its decision.

Stage 3: If the candidate's application has been approved, the Embassy provides an entry visa to the candidate.

Stage 4: Upon arriving in Germany, the foreign national and any accompanying family members must apply for their work and residence permits at the local foreigners authority.

To qualify as for a German work permit, the basic requirements for the employee and the German company are as follows:

  • The potential employee has to be employed on equal terms as a German employee.
  • German or other European nationals are not available to fill the position.
  • Usually the employee must have a university degree comparable qualification. For some positions there are special requirements.
  • The German company must be registered at the Labor Authorities in Germany and apply for a Corporate Registration Number.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

South Africa Citizenship

Applying for South African citizenship enables people in possession of South African permanent residence to gain the right to vote along with a number of other benefits.

 In South Africa, citizenship can be obtained through three routes, by birth, by descent or by undergoing the process of South African naturalisation.
South African Immigration Services :

 South African visas and the range of immigration services for those who intend to migrate to South Africa provide different routes for specific immigrants.

 South African visa services are varied and depend upon both the period of time a candidate intends to spend in the country and the purpose of their visit.

 Applicants who wish to relocate to South Africa for a limited period to visit family or for the purposes of tourism may find that a straightforward South African visitor visa, sometimes referred to as a visit visa or tourist visa will suffice.

 However, where clients want to live and work in South Africa either for an agreed period of time or on a permanent basis, a wealth of temporary residence permits and permanent residence permits are available.

 As a specialist immigration consultancy, We can help you to rationalise the structure of South African immigration, allowing you to assess your eligibility and embark upon the right immigration solution.

 South African Visa Benefits :

 The benefits of South Africa citizenship speak for themselves. Successful candidates applying for citizenship through birth, descent or by naturalizing will gain the complete freedom to live and work in South Africa afforded to existing citizens.

 No restrictions will be placed upon their stay in the country and citizens may seek and undertake employment in whatever manner they see fit.

 Visa Eligibility :

 Qualifying for a grant of South African citizenship may be achieved by:

Descent or
Qualifying as a permanent resident.

 By Birth :

Qualifying for this route to South African citizen status depends upon the applicants being able successfully prove the date and location of their birth as well as details of their parentage.

 Applicants must have been born in a location which exists within the country today. Requirements vary according to the following distinctions.

 Births occurring before 1949 :

 In these circumstances, it is necessary only to demonstrate that the applicant was born in South Africa before 1949.

 Births occurring between 1949 and June 1961 :

 Where applicants were born during this date range, it must be shown not only that the birth took place in the country, but also that the applicant's father was not a prohibited immigrant when the birth took place.

 Applications will need to show that the father was either a South African citizen or parmanent resident. 

 Births occurring between July 1961 and 1994 :

 For candidates who were born in this period, it must be shown that the birth took place in South Africa and that EITHER the mother or father was a permanent resident or citizen when the birth took place.

 Births occurring since 1995 :

 Finally, births occurring since 1995 and up to the present time must demonstrate the birthplace and the citizenship or permanent residency status of at least one parent OR, show that the applicant does not have the entitlement to citizenship in any other country.

 By Descent :

 Where applicants born outside the country are applying for South African citizenship, a submission can be made on the grounds that one parent is a citizen.

 It is important to note that this provision for those immigrating to South Africa to naturalise also extends to adopted children providing that the adoption is legal.

 By Naturalising :

 South African naturalisation is the process through which permanent residents, that is, candidates who began with a South African visa for business, a work permit or one of the other temporary South Africa immigration services, can complete the process of becoming a full citizen.

 Where candidates of neither South African birth nor descent wish to apply, the following conditions must be satisfied.

  •  Applicants who wish to naturalise must be over the age of 21. 
  • Applicants must have a grant of permanent residency in South Africa and must have lived in the country for a minimum of five years. Of the five, one year must be the year directly preceding the application, and the remaining four years of residency must have been conducted within the last eight years as a whole.
  • In cases of spouse immigration, where the husband or wife of an existing citizen is migrating to South Africa, the above requirement can be shortened to two years.
  • Applicants must have a solid grasp of one of the eleven official languages of South Africa; these are - Afrikaans, English, Southern Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Swati, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu.
  • Applicants who immigrate to South Africa and pursue a grant of citizenship must be considered to be of good character.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ireland Work Permit , Ireland Work Visa

An Irish work permit application allows foreign nationals to live and work in Ireland on a temporary basis in order to undertake a specific position of employment with a particular company.

Ireland’s popularity as a migration destination continues to grow. Ranked highly by the United Nations for its quality of life, those immigrating to Ireland face a wealth of opportunities and a fairly liberal structure of immigration visa services.

Irish work permits apply to all non-EEA (European Economic Area) citizens and,  for some categories, applicants wishing to migrate to Ireland can receive an Irish Green Card.

The Irish immigration system is a comparatively uncomplicated structure with a small number of clearly defined immigration services from the straightforward Irish tourist visa for short visits through to permanent residency routes.

However, applying for an Irish visa that best suits your needs is essential and as a specialist immigration consultancy, We can help you to determine which route is the most appropriate for your relocation to Ireland.

Visa applications can be managed from your initial inquiry through a range of on arrival services to help you adjust to life in Ireland.

Visas are monitored throughout their progress and we can help you to obtain anything from a short-term Irish visit visa to a longer-term work or business based solution.


Those migrating to Ireland may do so on the premise that they have an offer of employment from an Irish based company and that they will be living and working in Ireland to fulfil this specific position.

Work permits are not dissimilar to the Irish Green Card; one similarity which contrasts with UK working permits is that in Ireland a working visa of this kind can be applied for by either the employee or the employer.

Another advantage, which separates Irish working permits from Green card applications, is that in some cases, job opportunities with lower salaries may qualify and in addition, jobs which offer salaries in the region of €30.000 are not subject to the same shortage sector requirements as Green Cards.

Although intended as a temporary immigration service, an Irish working permit may potentially lead to the opportunity to become a permanent resident in Ireland. The initial grant is for two years which can be extended for a further three years.

Beyond this the permit may be extended indefinitely, proving that the position of employment still exists, during which time an applicant, if they choose, may begin the process of naturalisation as an Irish citizen.


In Ireland, work permit applications are made where an agreed position of employment offers a salary of €30,000 or more. In Ireland, Green card applications also make provision for job offers with salaries in this region.

However, the key difference is that these Irish visas for working do not restrict applicants to jobs strategically important sectors, although occupations that are “contrary to the national interest” will not be considered.

In some circumstances a permit for work may be issued where a job offers a salary below €30,000, however, these instances are rare. A list of ineligible jobs is in place for which applications will not be considered.

Briefly, the ineligible jobs list includes clerical/administrative, general operatives and labourers and a range of specific trades.

An additional requirement of Irish work permits is that all positions for which an application is being submitted must undergo a Labour Market Needs Test.

In Ireland, immigration requires this process to prove that no indigenous Irish permanent resident or Irish citizen is available to fulfil the position. The aim is to prevent the displacement of Irish workers by foreign nationals entering the country. The Labour Market Needs Test involves the advertising of the position to ensure that no Irish or EEA national is available for the position.

Finally, applicants must be able to provide documentary evidence of sufficient skills, qualifications or experience to fulfil the requirements of the role for which the application is being submitted.

Changing Employer

Changing employer is permitted for an applicant in possession of a permit to work in Ireland. However, the scheme is intended as a means to aid employers to fill positions rather than a vehicle for immigrants to live and work in Ireland per se.

Whilst changing employer is permitted, a new application must be made each time and in addition, whilst applicants are in possession of their first permit they are expected to stay in that position for at least one year.

Spouse Immigration and Dependent immigration

Whilst an Irish working permit does not grant its applicant free and unlimited access to the job market, it offers at least the potential for applicants to settle permanently in Ireland.

Even in cases where successful applicants do not achieve settled status in Ireland, it is likely that they will reside in the country for a period of some years.

As a result, family immigration for the spouse and dependents of an applicants is permitted. Once family members are legal residents in Ireland they may apply for a spousal work permit or dependent work permit in order to seek and undertake employment.


U.S. H-1B visa is one of the most useful useful temporary U.S. visa categories for entry- level professionals to the U.S. specialty. In the past many Indian IT professionals have gained entry to the U.S on H-1B visas. When the U.S. economy is doing well, there is usually a lack of U.S. H-1B visas.
Currently, there are still good access to the to the U.S. H-1Bs. The last H-1B Count was on 9 July 2010:

If you have a bachelor's degree or higher and have an offer specialty-level jobs in the U.S., your employer should consider applying for the U.S. H-1B visas. H-1B visa can be used for entry to the U.S. for a start date of October 1, 2010 or later. No one can predict when the supply of U.S. H-1B visa runs out. If you want to work in the U.S. it may be appropriate to apply sooner rather than later for the H-1B visa.


Immigration Information