Thursday, November 26, 2009

Freelance in the UK

In general, overseas nationals coming to work in the UK, or Europe, will need a work permit which must be sponsored by an established local company that will employ them. However, there is an alternative for citizens of the following countries:


Under the EC Association Agreement, you can come and set up your own business without the usual, and generally prohibitive, need to invest £200,000. You will find further details of the requirements and procedures for this programmer in the EC Association Agreement and working in the UK page.

If you want to be an entrepreneur, then simply help you with obtaining the relevant visa. However, we find that many people want to come to the UK and to work as freelance IT professionals, but do not really want the hassles of administering and running a company. If you are in that position, then we have an offering that can help you focus on what you do best and leave the rest to us.

Freelance in the UK
What you Get :

Visa application (this requires the drafting of a business plan)
Company incorporation
Registered office
Office with PC where you can be based when looking for contracts
Advice on the UK contracting market
Assistance in finding a contract
Opening a bank account for the business
Assistance with opening a personal bank account
Telephone answering
Tax planning
Remuneration administration
Filing of annual returns for the business
Filing of your personal tax returns

NB Once you have spent a year in the UK, the opportunities become even greater – we can then help you move to other EU countries such as Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Immigration Information