Monday, October 17, 2011

EEA family permit: Eligibility Requirements

According to the immigration rules changed (2002), eligible EEA nationals who are present and settled in the UK may sponsor non-EEA nationals to immigrate to the UK on a fiancee visa or proposed civil partner under the category of visa regulations. Alternatively, they can choose to marry outside the UK and apply for a permit EEA family. It should be noted that unlike the visa applications of law, the case of the EEA family permit is processed by the UK free of immigration.

EEA family permit: Eligibility Requirements

To apply for a visa success, spouses and domestic partners of EEA nationals must meet the following eligibility requirements:

The sponsor must be an EEA national or Swiss national who operates or wishes to exercise the rights of free movement under the Treaty of Rome in the UK.Sponsors, who have been in the UK or plan to stay in the UK for more than three months, must meet the "qualified person" requirements. An EEA national sponsor must be a qualified job seeker, employee, self-employed, a person who is financially stable, or student.

In most cases, the sponsor must be financially self-sufficient and have adequate housing organized by time, their wife, husband or partner arrives in the UK on an EEA Family Permit. In general, the sponsor must be able to afford to live in the UK with their families, including any charge, without requiring disbursement of public funds.

People must have personally met each other before sponsorship.If de facto (unmarried) partnership, the sponsor of qualification and their partners must have lived together for at least 2 years before referral.

If you apply for an EEA family wedding in the category, you must be legally married to each other and your marriage must be valid under the laws of the country where it occurred and under British law.You must be in a genuine relationship and intend to continue to live together permanently after a permit from the EEA family was granted.

You can choose not to use the system EEA family permit if your wife, husband or partner is a national non-visa, and will visit the UK as a temporary visitor, and will remain in the UK for less than 6 months, and will not seek to obtain gainful employment while in the UK. Your spouse or partner, however, must apply for an entry permit if he or she is from a country whose nationals need a visa to travel to the UK.

Nationality : 

The following nationalities are members of the European Economic Area (EEA).

1. Austria
2. Belgium
3. Denmark
4. Finland
5. France
6. Germany
7. Greece
8. Republic of Ireland
9. Italy
10. Luxembourg
11. Netherlands
12. Portugal
13. Spain
14. Sweden
In addition, new members since 1 May 2004 are:
15. Cyprus
16. Czech Republic
17. Estonia
18. Hungary
19. Latvia
20. Lithuania
21. Malta
22. Poland
23. Slovakia
24. Slovenia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Immigration Information